Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

My wife has anorexia, and refuses to go to the hospital, take medication or go to therapy regulary. Should I have her committed, and if I don't am I neglecting her?

Asked on 9/08/12, 10:15 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC

It's not so easy to get a person committed. Has your wife seen a psychiatrist? Perhaps you can encourage her to see one. If a doctor finds her a danger to herself or others, he/she would be in a better position than you to recommend commitment.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/12, 6:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York