Legal Question in DUI Law in New York

CT Resident with DUI in New York State

I was arrested for a DUI in New York. I'm a CT resident with CT license. I have one prior DUI in 2013. How will NY treat my case, and will I lose my license in CT as well as in NY?

Asked on 3/15/17, 12:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carlos Gonzalez Gonzalez Legal Associates PLLC

There is a compact (agreement) between states to honor each other suspensions. While NY has no jurisdiction over your CT license, meaning it actually can't do anything directly, it ismlikely that when NY suspends your ability to drive in that State that CT will also then under the compact suspend your license however,there is no actual guarantee as to timing or as to whether this will even happen.

You should retain a skilled DWI attorney in New York. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact us for a free consultation at 212-405-2234

Read more
Answered on 4/07/17, 11:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New York