Legal Question in Elder Law in New York

If Mom puts her house in a medicaid trust, 1) does she need to change the names on the deed?

Right now the deed has her name and my deceased dad's name(hes deceased 26yrs.)

2) If all she does is give the house to my brother and change the name on the deed, will that protect the house from medicaid ?

Asked on 8/18/19, 8:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

There are too many potential mine fields in this area of law for anyone to give you legal advice on the Internet. You’re going to have to see a lawyer face-to-face to go over this situation. Each case is particular to the specific facts.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/19, 7:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in New York