Legal Question in Elder Law in New York

Want to put my childrens name on out house title as we are getting older. They live with us and we all will be living here. Best sceniero to avoid they paying taxes when we die.

Asked on 11/10/17, 11:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Very bad idea to engage in that type of tax planning without professional advice. What taxes are you talking about "when we die??" In a typical scenario what you're suggesting is 180 degrees the wrong way to go. There are just too many potential minefields and you're putting your children at grave risk by being penny-wise and pound foolish here. Go see a fee-based Certified Financial Planner or CPA and pay for the very important guidance you need.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/10/17, 12:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in New York