Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My daughter and her husband are not getting along. He is extremely verbally abusive to her as well as the children. If she leave the home what are her rights.

Asked on 7/22/17, 10:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC

Your question is very vague so the response that I will provide will unfortunately be similarly vague. She has a right to a divorce, she may have a right to an order of protection against her husband, she may have a right to custody of the child, she may have a right to equitable distribution, she may have a right to spousal support, she may have a right to child-support. Again, the complex nature of a divorce is such that each case needs to be looked at by an attorney for an accurate assessment.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/17, 1:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York