Legal Question in Family Law in New York

Divorce advice/law

We married in June 1993. The paperwork from my 1st divorce came in Oct 1993. She said we're not legally married. We stay & live together, having 4 kids. In June 2007 we renew our vows, having a full wedding in the church. We move to Georgia in Oct 2008. She cheats on me, forcing me to leave in Feb 2009. She marrys again June 26, 2009. .*Can I sue her for divorce and custoddy of my kids? Oh...She is about to go to jail...again for embezzlement/or theft. She left NY with an active warrant for her arrest.

Asked on 6/26/09, 3:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

robert roemer Robert Roemer & Associates,P.A.

Re: Divorce advice/law

How can she remarry if you are still married? Yes you can request custody of the kids-If she is in jail custody probably should go to you. I would suggest you e-mail me you phone # to discuss further.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/09, 6:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York