Legal Question in Family Law in New York

If someone is going through a divorce and the husband who was the sole provider stops making payments on the mortgage which his children still live in and now the house is going in foreclosure is their anything the ex wife can do to keep the house what rights does she have in regards to that since her and the children have no where to go if the house is sold?

Asked on 7/14/10, 10:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joel Salinger Law Office of Joel R. Salinger

The question is: Is the divorce still ongoing or has it been completed. If it is still going on, you can bring a motion for relief pending the end of the case. If the case is over, the stipulation signed or the court order is controlling but you can still bring an action in family court or modify the terms for support.

You should contact an attorney if you are not currently represented. You can contact my office for a free consultation at 516-746-4747.

Joel R. Salinger

Read more
Answered on 7/14/10, 2:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York