Legal Question in Family Law in New York

A friendship with a woman in the building where I live ended three months ago due to a minor disagreement. A few weeks ago I said my first words � I asked how she was and I asked if we could talk sometime. She ignored me That evening the police came to my door. He told the woman complained because I talked to her a she did not want me to talk to her. That's it!

Can she do that? Did the police overreact by responding?

Asked on 1/28/16, 9:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Zaslavsky The Law Office of David Zaslavsky, PLLC

Anyone can call the police over anything. What the police do about it is another matter. Based on the facts that you have given, this person overreacted, but that is the person you are dealing with. I suggest leaving this person alone.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/16, 7:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York