Legal Question in Family Law in New York

HI, I have joint custody of my 6 yr old daughter but her dad has physical custody. He is in the military and he is not the one who is taking care of her on a regular basis.His 72yr old mother is doing all the work. My daughter is expressing emotional distress. She wants to come home with me and visit with her dad.I tried to speak with him about this matter and he is not willing to come to a solution.I want m daughter to come back home but I'm not sure of what m next step should be. Also he lives in Massachusetts and I live in New york. What should m next step be?

Asked on 11/29/12, 1:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.

You will need to file a petition in Massachusetts to modify physical custody. You should speak with a Massachusetts lawyer about this.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/12, 1:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York