Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I reside in ny. i am custodial parent to my two sons. my ex wife is 15,000 in arrears in child support. she is supposed to pay monthly, but most all payments are late for years now. is there a statute of limitations when i cannot collect even though my children are no longer entitled to collect. one son is 20 in college. the other is 15. payment have been late for at least 10 years of the 12 we've been divorced. thanks steve

Asked on 11/26/12, 10:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.

You are within the statute of limitations and can go to family court to enforce the arrears.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/12, 12:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York