Legal Question in Family Law in New York

what legal steps should i take against a cheating husband?

Asked on 8/18/10, 4:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carol Ryder Law Office of Carol Ryder PC

Adultery is the hardest charge to "prove" BUT, NY now has no-fault divorce effective Oct 13 (I am 90% sure of this effective date-Gov Paterson just signed it in early Aug and the law takes effect 60 days thereafter).

Personally, I would still take photos so the judge "feels" for you when making the decision on NY's "equitable division". However, that costs money for a private investigator. If you are on Long Island, call me at (631) 848-1204 to discuss since here, I have very limited info. What should I do with a cheating husband can be answered using Lorena Bobbitt in the answer but do NOT do something like that or anything that coud subject you to criminal charges.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/10, 3:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York