Legal Question in Family Law in New York

i just got served with a no fault divorce papers. I have been searching online how to fill them out and i found some helpful links but i'm still not completely sure what everything is. Its a UD-7 form. Under 11 i have to select if i waive service of all further papers except of final judgment of divorce. Do i really need all of the documents.

Under 13 will it hurt me if i waive the requierement of DRL 253?

Under 14 I'm Not sure if i should select anything snce we dont have any kids or should i select 7a stating that im not custodial parent.

Thank you for your help!!

Asked on 10/15/13, 2:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

It is impossible to tell you what to do without more information, including a review of the Complaint for Divorce. It's more than just filling in the blanks. If you don't know how to complete the forms, figure out what she is asking for in the divorce, or what to do, take the time and spend the money to participate in an initial consultation with an attorney. Bring your paperwork with you or fax it beforehand. An initial consultation does not obligate you to retain the attorney for the divorce. However, you will obtain great information if you insist on handling this important matter without an attorney. The cost for an initial consutation runs from $150 on up.

Also, licensed and practicing in Maryland and New York.

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York