Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I sold my house 3 days ago, house was in my name. . I am recently married and have a concern. This is both of ours second marriage.Before I put the check in a joint account with my new husband,* I am concerned that his ex wife can go after the money if he looses his job. He has two sons age 16 and 18 and he has to pay child support till they are 21.. Can she legally go after funds in a joint account with me? Please help- I need to put this money somewhere!!!

Asked on 6/26/10, 7:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kristen Browde Browde Law, P.C.

Yes, she can legally go after funds in a joint account.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/10, 10:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York