Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in New York

Identy Theft

Can I sue the State or Federal, for a inaccurate information on my credict report? Eventhough, I made a dispute?

Asked on 5/01/07, 2:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Colleluori The Law Offices of Anthony J. Colleluori & Associates PLLC

Re: Identy Theft

You need to leave a lot more information for this to make any sense. How is the government responsible for what is on your credit report?

If a party put untrue information on your credit report, they may be responsible for "credit libel." You should consult an attorney to sucessfully bring this type of case.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/07, 8:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in New York