Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

Hi, I am unclear about what type of lawyer to retain. I have been falsely arrested, and was recently cleared on 7/27/12, when the judge dismissed all 3 false allegation charges, put on me, by my ex-landlords, who used the courts, as a way to get me out of the house. I am ready to sue them for false arrest, imprisonment, malicious prosecution, abuse of process, but there are so many other issues involved that occured when i lived there. They have also committed the torts of negliegence, tortious interference with a contract, invasion of privacy, numerous self help eviction methods including knocking down my shower wall. There are also issues of breach of contract, in which they breached the landlord tenant court stipulation we had, which stated i could stay in the apt. until Feb 29th, in which i found out much later, that their landlord tenant attorney handed to the sheriff several weeks early, resulting in a premature eviction where i lost all my property. (i was not able to even go there to see the premature 72 hour notice on the door, because of the order of protection they obtained through the false charges). I contacted several personal injury lawyers but they wrote back they don't handle this type of case. Can you please point me in the right direction as to what type of lawyer and if you know of anyone who would represent me, that would be great. Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

Asked on 8/10/12, 2:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carol Ryder Law Office of Carol Ryder PC

Go to contact info is there (Commack). Even if I don't personally handle what the case turns out to sound in, we have a number of lawyers here practicing many decades and other attorneys we have worked with for decades.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/12, 3:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York