Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

I'm a british citizen in the usa applying for a green card through my american wife.I am in middle of the process and already have an appointment for my interview.I also received the advance parole travel document i512l.I want to travel abroad for a few days.will I have a problem when coming back to the usa.I originally entered the usa on feb 7 on an i94 tourist visa and started my green card application on june 1stl.

Asked on 10/19/10, 4:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

I suggest you consult an attorney because this might be a big mistake to use advance parole IF there have been any periods of unlawful presence or other immigration violations before you applied for adjustment of status.

To be on a safe side, it'd be safe to depart the USA when you have been approved for permanent residency, not before.

If youd like to schedule a telephone or email legal consultation, need legal advice or help, please let me know and Id be glad to help you. I am an immigration attorney and offer confidential consultations and legal help in matters of the U.S.A. federal immigration law to clients from all 50 States and internationally. Please email your inquiries at [email protected] and Ill send you a Questionnaire. Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL first to schedule a consultation appointment with an attorney).

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesnt create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

Read more
Answered on 10/24/10, 5:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York