Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York


can someone explain me what I should do to legally find a job in the USA and get a green card? I've read about every kind of visa but unfortunately it seems that I can get any, Im too old for a student visa and it looks like I should already have a job there to apply to any other.



Asked on 9/08/13, 10:58 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Find and hire an Employment Agency (licensed) to help you locate a job - perhaps that Employment Agency can also put you in touch with an Immigration Attorney to assist you in processing any and all Visas you may be eligible for, or they can prepare and file it for you.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/13, 11:06 am

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

First, you would need a U.S. employer to offer you a job. Then, the visa (or greencard) process would depend on your education, experience & the position you are prospectively being offered.

If you are able to invest in a U.S. business, you might be eligible for an E visa or an EB5 greencard, depending on your nationality and amount of funds available to invest.

I would need more detailed information on your background in order to give you further information about your potential options.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 11:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York