Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York


I need your help.

which is the easiest way to find the alien number I had years ago?

who do i have to call?

thanks for your help

Asked on 4/17/14, 8:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Brown Brown Law Practice, PLLC

If you are (or were) a lawful permanent resident the number will be on the green card. Any documents submitted to or from USCIS would also have your A number. If all else fails, make an infopass appointment on the USCIS website and bring official photo id with you to the appointment.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/14, 8:47 am
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You can also submit a FOIA request to get a copy of your old file; form G-639.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/14, 10:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York