Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

I sponsored my son (26) for green card. They told my I need a cosponsor because my salary was too low for the last two years. I can not find a cosponsor. The green card is based on family petition i can pay $2000 cash for a signature and taxes for the last two years.

He was fingerprinted and everything. We just need someone to sign with an income around $ 21000.

Is there a lawyer who knows such a person . We live in Brooklyn. Passports are German / European Nation .

Asked on 11/22/13, 7:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You can use a friend, relative, co-worker, neighbor, etc., who is a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident or U.S. citizen, to be your co-sponsor.

It is unethical for an attorney to find a co-sponsor on your behalf.

Read more
Answered on 11/24/13, 6:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York