Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

Will I be able to give my hsband a legal status in the United States, if I have a crimnal background ?

Asked on 7/25/12, 6:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation


That is possible, but I need to know more about the crime. If waiveable, he could do a Waiver.

Waiver of Inadmissibility

A Waiver of Inadmissibility will have to be obtained. This is an application that will include a legal brief, forms, documents, exhibits, declarations and other evidence. My firm can prepare the entire waiver, and attach all of the necessary documents. It will take several months for the decision, and if done correctly, there is a good chance of an approval. The Waiver essentially makes the crime or ground of ineligibility disappear so that entry or re-entry will be allowed into the U.S. Please note that the Waiver is the critical part of this application, and unless approved, there cannot be any other petition that will allow entry into the U.S. Therefore, the Waiver must be prepared with significant supporting documents. 


Read more
Answered on 8/08/12, 7:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York