Legal Question in Employment Law in New York

I am a former employee of a NY mortgage company. My employer owes me $38,000 in unpaid commissions, and refuses to pay me. My Employee agreement states that I cannot take my employer to court. Any disagreements must be resolved by an arbitrator. Can I post derogatory statements on online (social media, websites, etc) legally? Do I have another recourse to collect my money from this employer?

Asked on 12/06/15, 5:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Antoinette Wooten The Wooten Legal Consulting, PC

Are you an independent contractor?

Do you have an independent contractor agreement/

You may have another recourse other than arbitration if you are an independent contractor.

It would not be wise to place derogatory comments about your employer on the internet.


Read more
Answered on 12/06/15, 9:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in New York