Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in New York

Good afternoon,

My daughter is in Hawaii hospital in coma. She came here to ED fully alert and oriented with an infection to left ankle to get an antibiotic treatment, possible hydration - she was on oral antibiotics at home and been vomiting a lot - lost some weight, she has a drinking problem ( 3 cocktails daily). They admitted her to ICU on 12/28/15, on 12/29/15 she still spoke to her father on the phone, her friend came to visit her - she requested certain toaletries, had a conversation with with one of the nurses, who did not took care of her - they just talked. Very same evening doctors decided to induced coma, from which she is not waking up. On 1/1/16 they called me that her condition is critical. I arrived here on 1/5/16 in the evening, wanted to know what had happened, today is 2/2/16, I still have not got an answer to my question. 4 days between 1/1/16 and 1/5/16, nothing was done for her, until I came and raised the hell, they started hemodialysis, etc. Lots of time missed, especially for vital organs. I am looking for pro bono attorney who specializes in medical malpractice from the mainland, as this is very close clique here. Thank you.

Asked on 2/02/16, 6:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tanya Gendelman Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C.

So sorry to hear about your daughter. It appears that something has gone very wrong. Feel free to email me at: [email protected] and I will provide my cell number for you to contact me directly.

If your daughter passes, you must request an autopsy (sorry to be so blunt, but this is the only way to properly handle a medical malpractice case).

Again, I am so sorry that this is happening to you and your daughter.

Very truly yours,

Tanya Gendelman, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/16, 7:00 pm

Get in touch with the Honolulu Bar Association's Legal Referral Service and ask them to recommend a medical malpractice attorney. This case, if there is one, will be handled in the Hawaii courts. Best of luck. MEZ

Read more
Answered on 2/03/16, 6:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in New York