Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in New York

Oral Surgeon Extracts Wrong Tooth

My mother's oral surgeon extracted wrong tooth. He has admitted to this mistake. Shw will now need more extensive bridgework and/or implants. What would be an appropriate monetary figure to settle in or out of court?

Asked on 1/11/04, 11:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Rothstein Rothstein Law PLLC

Re: Oral Surgeon Extracts Wrong Tooth

There is no easy answer to your question at this point in time. The amount of the appropriate damages depends on how extenisive the work is to repair the damage, which cannot be known until that work is actually done and the results known. You do not want to settle and then find out that more work is necessary that you originally thoght.

While the oral surgeon may have admitted fault, the settlement will likely be paid by an insurance company which will do everything it can to limit the amount it pays. Therefore, you should have an attorney who handles these types of cases to represent you. If you wish to discuss your case, please feel free to call me at 212-622-7180. My office handles these cases on a contigency basis. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/04, 11:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in New York