Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident in NYC couple of days ago. The other vehicle ran a red light. My shoulder is hurting really bad. What should I do?

Asked on 5/12/11, 1:23 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Sherri Plotkin Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP

You should go to an emergency room or see your private doctor. All of your medical bills will be paid by the insurance company that covers your car. Make sure you notify your own insurance company of this accident because if they are not promptly notified, then they may be relieved of the obligation to pay your medical bills. Sherri L. Plotkin

Read more
Answered on 5/12/11, 1:28 pm
Jason Kessler Law Offices of Jason B. Kessler, P.C.

You should call a lawyer immediately. There are things that you need to do within the first 30 days in order to protect your rights. Contact the Law Offices of Jason B. Kessler immediately at 914-220-1088 and let's discuss your case. The consultation is free and we receive no fee unless we are able to get money for you.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/11, 1:28 pm
Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

Get yourself to a doctor or hospital for treatment. Contact your insurance carrier or broker and report the accident. You will be sent no-fault forms from your carrier. The return of these forms, filled out and signed, will cause a no-fault claim to be opened. No-fault benefits will cover your medical expenses and lost earnings, if you can't work, all up to $50,000. Whether you can successfully bring a case against the other car depends on how serious the injury turns out to be. Too soon to know. When you have seen a doctor and reported the accident, consult with a lawyer. Best, M. E. Zuller

Read more
Answered on 5/12/11, 1:32 pm
Michael Krigsfeld William Schwitzer & Associates, P.C.

First, you should definitely go to the emergency room to be examined. You may need to see an orthopedist for your shoulder. You should also obtain a copy of your police report as you will need it in establishing your claim. The no-fault portion of your insurance will cover your medical bills, any lost wages you may incur and other necessary expenses related to your injuries. You will also need the police report in order to file a claim with the other driver's insurance company for your pain and suffering and to repair damage done to your property. Finally, you should contact an attorney for expert advise. Make sure your rights are preserved and your claims handled professionally. Give our office a call for a completely FREE consultation to discuss your possible claims. You may contact our office at 347-702-4133. Michael Krigsfeld, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/11, 1:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York