Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in New York

As a toddler, I was filmed with my younger sibling performing suggestive acts in the nude by a family friend. I clearly remember that it wasn't filmed for a good reason (family event, occasion, etc and we happened to be nude) it was done in private, and was definitely not good. Around twenty years later, I now have the opportunity to confront the individual and I don't know if I should take a legal route (due to something along the lines of statute of limitations or something) or risk confronting them and having him deny or destroy the evidence. What should I do? What can be done legally? What would the best course of action be?

Asked on 11/03/12, 8:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

I would probably start by contacting the local police department and share your story with a detective. Perhaps this individual has a criminal background or is under investigation for a crime against children. This might be the information the police need to obtain a search warrant, which may lead to the recovery of the videos and other incriminating items in this individual's home.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 11/04/12, 12:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in New York