Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

I live in a home that was bought by my parents about 70 years ago. My daughter has helped me maintain it, and I would like to leave it to her, but I am afraid my siblings may try to claim it for themselves. Can I leave her the house in my will?

Asked on 9/21/18, 8:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

I don't understand who owns the house. You, or your parents? If your parents gave you the house when they died, then of course you can make a will and make sure the house goes to your daughter. If the deed on the house is still in your parents' names, then you have a problem.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/18, 8:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York