Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

My mother and father are still married. I have information that my father recently did a Deed of Gift to his 2 children (with another woman). How can I undone this?

Asked on 8/06/20, 11:29 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Who owns the house? Did you speak with your mother and father about this to get the facts? You have to speak with them and understand why this was done. There's no substitute for communication.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/20, 11:51 am
Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

I agree that you should discuss this with your Dad first to find out why it was done. Does your father have other assets that will go to you and/or your mother.

there are a number of unanswered questions and not enough information to provide a meaningful answer.

Last resort is to determine if your father was competent to make this gift (presumes there are not other assets) and if he is determined to be incompetent or if undue influence by those children was done to get the gift, litigation might be considered to have it undone.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/20, 12:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York