Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

In order to sell a home in Westchester NY that is 123 years old do you have to get a certificate of occupancy or can you sell "as is"

Asked on 4/21/23, 6:59 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John O'Donnell Attorney at Law

A certificate of occupancy will not be required for the building itself. However, if any improvements were made to the original building, which is quite likely, a certificate of occupancy may be required for those improvements. Whether a certificate of occupancy is required for an improvement depends on the type of improvement and when it was made.

Read more
Answered on 4/21/23, 7:16 am
Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

That's a good question. Also consider from the buyer's perspective, and the title company. Ask yourself if you would buy a house that was over a hundred years old without a C or O.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/23/23, 3:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York