Legal Question in Business Law in North Carolina

Which State's notary acknowledgement should I use?

I'm preparing to file an Boone County, Arkansas D.B.A. Certificate but currently live in North Carolina. Do I use the North Carolina notary acknowledgement or the Arkansas notary acknowledgement?

Asked on 4/19/14, 11:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Are you filing in AR or NC? Your post is not clear. I don't know what you are trying to do.

Where are you planning on getting the documents notarized?

If you are in NC then I assume you will notarize them here in front of a NC notary in which case you would use an NC notary. If you are planning on traveling to Arkansas, then you can have the papers notarized by someone there.

Read more
Answered on 4/22/14, 12:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in North Carolina