Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

on 7/31/2009 I recieved a prayer for Judgement (PJC) in a criminal case. According to the clerk of court, I must file a motion to dismiss before i can have my record expunged under G.S. 15A-146. How do I file a motion to dismiss?

Asked on 1/21/11, 1:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rhett Johnson The Law Office of Rhett H. Johnson

You cannot have your case expunged under 15A-146 unless your case resulted in a dismissal by the prosecutor or a finding of not guilty by a judge or jury. A PJC occurs after a finding of guilty. You will likely need a Motion for Appropriate Relief in your case if you want it expunged under 15A-146.

Read more
Answered on 1/26/11, 4:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina