Legal Question in DUI Law in North Carolina

dui in state of north carolina

Eight months ago I was charged with dui (.09), since then I have lost my home due to my split from husband, I am now driving a unreliable vehicle (Leaking brakes, other major problems) that in turn caused me to lose my job as I had no vehicle. I have my two small children (age 6 & 12) am living with a friend and receiving no child support. I fear losing my children due to this charge. Is there any way to ask for prayer for Judgement? Is their anything I can do to avoid a dui charge and lose of my license?

Asked on 1/29/08, 10:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Kellis Law office of Thomas A. Kellis II

Re: dui in state of north carolina

Geberally no, the judges where I practice do not allow soeone charged with impaired driving to plead for a PJC, with that being said, since you were only .09, I would defintely hire an attorney, such a low BAC could be fought. You are in a range that would also allow the DA to offer to negtotiate with your attorney. You really really need to hire an attorney if you want a chance of not getting Impaired driving.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/08, 8:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in North Carolina