Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina


I'm active duty military (USMC) and so is my spouse. I'm 5 months pregnant. We've decided that we don't get along and we both agreed to a divorce. I'm already moving out next week. He's deploying for a year. What paperwork needs to be done? and Do you need to obtain a legal separation prior to divorce?

Asked on 1/16/07, 11:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dennis Gibson Law Office of Dennis Gibson

Re: Divorce

You can decide how to distribute your property and make arrangements for the child after splitting up with a separation agreement but North Carolina requires you be apart for a year before granting a divorce.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/07, 11:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina