Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Someone has taken out a domestic violence protective order against me. Is it possible for them to have me arrested with a false report of violating that order?

Asked on 5/17/14, 8:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Yes. It happens way more frequently than it should. In my experience a shocking proportion of DVPO's and reports of violations of DVPO's are bogus. Basically trashy pissed off women abusing the system. Usually as a cheap way to get temporary custody and / or have their boyfriend / husband put out of the house.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/14, 10:06 am
James Weeks Law Office of James B Weeks

Yes, but hire an attorney to have Plaintiff charged with a false report of the violation

Read more
Answered on 5/18/14, 3:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina