Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

I live in NC and am "legally separated" from my husband in the eyes of the state but there are no separation papers. i'd like to purchase a condo but was told I need a separation agreement to get a mortgage. What if I choose to pay cash for the condo? Do I still need the separation papers?

Asked on 1/13/12, 7:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Why are you asking that question here? You should ask who ever you are buying the condo from if this would be acceptable. If you are asking if there is a way to legally force the seller to accept the cash without a separation agreement then the answer is no.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/12, 8:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina