Legal Question in Civil Litigation in North Carolina

If you have lived with a man for 27 years without being married is he entitled to evict you and keep all of your property?

Asked on 5/06/13, 7:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You need to speak to a family law attorney and have an in-depth consultation. This depends a lot on what agreements you all have made and how your arrangement was set up. NC does not allow common law marriages to be created, so you two are not entitled to the rights a married couple would have

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 7:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in North Carolina