Legal Question in Intellectual Property in North Carolina

hi my name is sarah i need some legal advise. my boyfriend has a car. his mom gave him when he got his liscens. well his friend canvenced him to put the title in both of there names. his friend moved to florida took the insurance off the car and reported the tags. so we tryed to get ahold of him to get the title back in his name and cant seem to find his friend how do we go a bout getting the car back in his name without his friend ?

Asked on 11/29/10, 11:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin B. Murphy Franchise Foundations, APC

As a Franchise Attorney I can tell you this will not be easy. If the title was in both names ("John Jones and Jim Smith") both need to sign to transfer title. You need to talk to your local department of motor vehicles and see if they have a solution for your situation. Consult with a good business or franchise attorney in your area for specific advice.

Mr. Franchise - Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.

Franchise Foundations, a Professional Corporation

Read more
Answered on 12/04/10, 11:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in North Carolina