Legal Question in Employment Law in North Carolina

I am a partner in a Restaurant Business in North Carolina but due t being a new business and seasonal im no longer able to pay myself. We open may 10th 2013 and I have always worked. Am I eligible to draw unemployment legally.

Asked on 10/28/13, 5:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

To get unemployment, you have to be unemployed from an employer. If you an owner, you will not qualify for unemployment, especially if you will still "be attached to payroll." Speak to an employment attorney in your area for a 2nd opinion.

Read more
Answered on 10/28/13, 9:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in North Carolina