Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

Looking to file suit against a Vet for malpractice. The incident happened in March 2018 can I still file in NC? Would I need to file a small claims court case?

Asked on 5/19/20, 7:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lynn Coleman Attorney-Mediator

Small claims court is not suited for a malpractice case. (For example, no jury trials, and no summary judgment available). You should file in District Court. You will most likely need an expert witness to support your claims. Please do not try and handle this on your own. Consult an attorney who has experience with claims against veterinarians who can make sure you have enough evidence to make your case likely to succeed. Your statute of limitation has not yet expired because it is a three year statute of limitation.

Read more
Answered on 5/19/20, 7:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina