Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in North Carolina

Can the lawyer help me become excutor of my mothers estate after my aunt has all credit card info and everything was taken from her home unlawfully after she claimed to the funeral home and to everyone at the graveyard service she was the excutor. After a week or so my aunt was ask to see excutor papers and she would not so my wife went to the clerk of court. They told my wife she is the only one that can be excutor and was told to have her arrested. Clerk gave the paperwork to fill out but she only knows about the basic things that was in the home. My wife has a good heart so she is waiting to speak with our lawyer. Will the lawyer be able get my wife sworn in and he also wants her to be bonded. We are having a hard time filling out the paper work. Will the lawyer help us finsh it. At least for some reason her aunt did pay for the funeral. I don't think she would have done that without some means of reinbursment. She said my wife's mother did not want that hardship on her kids. There is a house involved.

Asked on 9/05/16, 9:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Can a lawyer help? Yes. Go and see a probate attorney who practices in the county/state where your mother's estate is or would be pending.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/16, 11:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in North Carolina