Legal Question in Workers Comp in North Carolina

I have not been release from my primary doctor yet, how can they settle for $460.00 by weekly? I am under heavy medication which would not allowed to work in ANY PLACE, besides my original injury, I have been dignosed with RSD. My regular doctor has me under permanent partial disability. The only job I know how to do is truck driving! Why the adjuster did not advise me of this development? should'nt they at let me know ahead of time?

Asked on 6/12/13, 5:56 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jesse Shapiro Law Office of Jesse Shapiro

The adjuster CANNOT settle your case, only you can do that...if you have been sent a form to sign, like a Form 26A, I would advise that you do not sign it or anything else until you consult with an attorney. Even if you have signed any documents, you need to find a lawyer immediately. RSD is nothing to joke with and it requires specialized care. You need to find a person who can protect your rights and ensure that you are getting the best medical care possible. It does not sound like you case is even close to being ready to settle.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 6:08 am
Stephen Camak Lennon, Camak & Bertics, PLLC

The adjuster's obligations are not always aligned with your best interests. You need to at least consult with an experienced attorney quickly. You have been diagnosed with a serious medical condition, which has likely caused the adjuster to want to close your case as soon as possible. More information can also be found by visiting the NC Industrial Commission website and reading their Bulletin and FAQs.

S. Neal Camak

Lennon, Camak & Bertics, PLLC

Raleigh, NC

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 6:47 am
George Lennon Lennon, Camak & Bertics, PLLC

RSD is going to require lifetime medical care. Get a lawyer NOW. Do not sign anything until you know exactly what the effect will be. George Lennon,

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in North Carolina