Legal Question in Immigration Law in North Dakota

So, I am a U.S Citizen and my girlfriend was born in argentina and moved

to the United States about 15 years ago with her family. They currently all have Family green cards. Well, recently my girlfriend whos 18, her parents have started disapproving of me.. and now no longer want her to see me, nor talk to me. They keep telling her that if she see's/talk's to me they will send her back to argentina to live with family there. this is what were really afraid of :l. Me and Her want to get married to eachother. Were In love and always talk about having a family, and being married but her parents say that they can prevent any marriage to her until she's 20-21 years old.. My questions are, Can they legally send her back to Argentina without her consent? and Can they stop me and her from Marrying eachother even though we are both of legal age? please help.

Asked on 4/01/10, 1:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ross Brandborg Brudvik Law Office

She is of legal age, she has a green card. Her parents only have the control that any parent has over an 18 year old. So basically she can do what she wants. But don't get married. Bad idea.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/10, 1:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in North Dakota