Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Ohio


my husband had charges brought up after he left ohio to live in texas 7 years ago now they are saying its a felony it was for breaking and entering but all they have is here say on what happened he is now being held in a texas jail is there any way for us to fight it since it was so long ago hes even been in the system here to and nothing has ever been said about ohio

Asked on 4/02/07, 9:08 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Willard Hanner Hanner Law Firm

Re: extradition

You might be able to fight it - or work out some sort of agreement - but the first thing you need to do is get a couple of lawyers on it, one in Texas and one in Ohio. What county in Ohio is involved?

Read more
Answered on 4/02/07, 9:26 am
David Davies Law Office of David H. Davies

Re: extradition

Your husband should be sure and have an experienced criminal attorney in Texas to deal with the extradition. It would also be a good Idea to have an attorney in Ohio to at least check with local authorities. I can not tell you if anything can be done to stop the extradition. If you can provide me with more information - where are the Ohio charges from? What County? I can answer some questions for you if you have that information and want to give me a call. No charge or obligation for the call.

In any event, you need an attorney on this ASAP if you hope to avoid a trip to Ohio!

Good Luck


Read more
Answered on 4/02/07, 11:07 am
Michael Brandabur Brandabur Law, LLC

Re: extradition

This is definetly a situation that will require two attorneys, one licensed in Ohio and the other in Texas to coordinate a defense to this matter. A good criminal defense attorney can provide you a good assesment of the situation and at no cost. The length of time since the alleged event, may in and of itself be reason enough to have the charges dismissed. Please feel free to contact our firm.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/07, 10:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Ohio