Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

Boyfriend accused wrongfully of child abuse

My boyfriend has been accused by his ex-girlfriends 5 year old daughter of molestation. The charges were dismissed in the county that the ex and her daughter live in, but somehow they were sent up to the county where my boyfriend lives. Can they still go after him, even though the case was dropped. He has never even been interviewed about this. The police officer currently investigating is saying that an indictment will be coming in the next few weeks. My boyfriends attorney is basically useless. Any advice? Should he take a polygraph? Should he volunteer for an interview? What are the chances it goes to indictment?

Asked on 12/06/06, 11:58 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Drew David P. Drew, Esq.

Re: Boyfriend accused wrongfully of child abuse

I would reccomend taking a private polygraph without the knowledge of the police and if he passes, then inform the police and agree to take a second polygraph in order to avoid being arrested. If you need further assistance, please call my office.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/06, 12:31 pm
David Davies Law Office of David H. Davies

Re: Boyfriend accused wrongfully of child abuse

Your boyfriend needs to take this matter very, very seriously. He needs to talk to an attorney experienced in criminal law and he shoud not talk to anyone else about the matter-inlcluding you-until he talks to an attorney. He should not talk about a polygraph and should not allow an interview except with the advice of an experienced attorney. An experienced attorney will be expensive but this is not a matter to skimp on. These types of charges are life altering and will have a significant impact on his future! I have handled a number of these types of cases over the past 30+ years and will be happy to talk to your boyfriend if he wants to call or I wll call and talk to him if you send me his contact information. No cost or obligation for the initial contact.

Good luck. DHD

Read more
Answered on 12/06/06, 1:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio