Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

contributing alcohol to minors

I was recently summoned to court in Athens County Ohio for contributing alcohol to a minor. I did not appear in court on my specified court date. What should my next course of action be, and what will the consequences be for not appearing in court?

Asked on 12/05/06, 3:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Jacobs The Jacobs Legal Group

Re: contributing alcohol to minors

You have to re-schedule your court date. Most people use attorneys to do this to avoid jail, since this is technically contempt of court, and its own separate crime. Contact me directly if you want to talk about this, but otherwise you may try to contact the court yourself. You can be arrrested at any time for as long as it takes anywhere inside Ohio, so you need to resolve this.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/06, 10:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio