Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

sex offender registration

How do I write up and file a petition to contest a recently passed provision that retroactively changes the duties and guidelines of registering as a sex offender? I have 60 days to file, but don't know how to format it, what to cite, etc.

Asked on 12/09/07, 6:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Brandabur Brandabur Law, LLC

Re: sex offender registration

This new law can have a life time effect. Therefore, I would encourage you to contact an attorney familiar with the new law and sexual offender clasifications in general. Your ability to contest this is limited, and mostly deals with a critical review of the initial findings. We'd be happy to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 12/09/07, 9:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio