Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My 15 year old step daughter tried to kill herself with an overdose of prescription drugs a week ago at her mother's home and is now in a psychiatric hospital but, will be released back to her mother soon. She has been cutting herself severely for over a year now and my husband and I only recently found out about it. She has no accountability at home and is allowed to leave the house in the middle of the night to go walk around town with her friends. Her mother says she has to pick her battles with the child and doesn't see these things as a problem. As of today she has obtained a document from a judge somewhere and presented to the hospital denying my husband all visitation and no rights regarding his child's medical care. They have shared parenting and are supposed to have equal say in the child's care.

We had no knowledge of this new document until the hospital told us about it today. How is this possible?

Asked on 8/20/13, 7:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio, the only way that there could be a court order like that Would be if it were issued ex parte a Meaning that it would be a very temporary emergency order until a real hearing could be held On the issue of your husband being able to Have visitation. The best thing to do would be to get a copy of this court order And go to court in challenge it

Read more
Answered on 8/20/13, 9:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio