Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

We live in Ohio. My husband has sole custody of his 9 year old child. The biological mother has not seen the child since he was 3 months old and sent one card on his first birthday. No other contact has been made in 8 years.

What options can be pursued to revoke the biological mothers parental rights and for me to pursue adoption?

Asked on 9/21/09, 12:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

You need to attempt to get the mother's rights terminated. You have a good case since she is doing nothing in terms of seeing her child. Then you can pursue adoption. I would be happy to represent you in this process.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at [email protected] or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Guinn Law Firm-"Affordable Rates, Outstanding Service"

Read more
Answered on 9/27/09, 1:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio