Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

im having issues with a used car dealer trying to make me pay more then agreed apon and i wouldent pay the extra amount so he reposssed the car and is lying about it saying its not in his possesion but the police department has a recording of him calling in the repo. Now he isent awnsering my calls and is saying another compnay has it and that i have loan out on the car when one was never take out what can i do to get the car back as soo as possable?

Asked on 10/22/11, 1:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lisa Meier Law Office of Anthony W. Greco

Do you have a written contract with the car dealer? If so, how much does it say you were supposed to pay? How much did you pay? When there is a contract involved, it is best to have an attorney review the contract and discuss the facts of the case with you personally. Often people think they understand what is going on but are really mistaken. I don't know all of the facts of this case, but it appears the main actions you can take are either contact the police and tell them the vehicle was wrongly taken from you or contact an attorney and possibly file a case against the used car dealer. The police will probably tell you this is a civil matter. It sounds as though the dealer may have violated consumer protection laws.

Lisa K. Meier

Gurtner & Meier, LLC

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 10/22/11, 7:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio