Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

No longer living in Ohio

I am involved in a lawsuit in Ohio. I have recently recieved moved to the state of Colorado and I have a pretrial date for May in Ohio. What I am supposed to do or is there anyway that I can have it moved to this state, there is just no way that I will be able to travel to Ohio at that time, and the notice says that if you do not show up to court that judgement will be place in favor of the other party.

Asked on 3/28/06, 4:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Chris Roderick Linton Belfance LLP

Re: No longer living in Ohio

If you have been served with a copy of the complaint, (either by cert. mail, reg. mail or personal service) you must file an answer to the complaint. The best thing to do would be to contact an attorney in the area who can represent you. If insurance could be involved, contact your carrier.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/06, 4:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio