Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

I was served with a civil summons for medical in the amount of 2265.00 and answered the court and the lawyer that I would be willing to pay the bill but I would have to make payments. After taking out a loan I sent the lawyer a check for 1134.00 and asked that he change the agreement as I had paid half. He sent the check back to me saying "We cannot accept 1134.00 as payment in full. Nowhere did I state that the check was a payment in full. What should I do now?

Asked on 3/26/13, 3:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Sauter Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn

Call the attorney on the phone and negotiate with him or her directly. If you can afford a lump sum payment followed by smaller, monthly payments, tell the attorney this.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/13, 5:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio